Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bonus post: Greatest Song

If we were to compile the 50 greatest songs of all time, which song would you include? Post a link to that song on your blog. Make it a song that sends shivers down your spine.

Need inspirations? Check out Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Songs of All Time."

For now, here's my submission: "All I Ever Wanted" by Airborne Toxic Event



OK, here's an alternate (to prove a point). This is Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova performing "When Your Mind's Made Up."



I also enjoy old songs. Here's Robbie Williams performing "My Way" in concert:


Here's the bonus: On your blog, write a short analysis of your chosen song, examining two or three features that help explain why it is so memorable. See the Wall Street Journal article on Adele to see how you might write about lyrics and melody.

5 comments:

Khaksdamaks said...

Mr.Plonka I really like your taste in music. I never expected to like a teacher's fav song.

teacherman said...

Thanks!
Maybe you should attend the next rock-and-roll meditative session.

HDB said...

Can you really do that, please?

Rebellious Me said...

I love the song by Airbone Toxic Event. Definitely adding it to my song list.
Also, agree with what "khaksdamaks" said.

AreYouKiddingMe!! said...

Mr. Plonka you're the coolest teacher I've ever had, even though you kill us with your assignments some times!